When I’m having a bad head day, need a big sulk and something really gluttonous to make me feel a little better this is ALWAYS my go to recipe. They’re the ultimate naughty treat; they’re gooey, oozy, chocolaty, rich and comforting. Something so good you’ll want to tell everyone about it but not share a bit. Like a big bear hug from someone forbidden.
In the brownie mix I tend to swap the caster sugar for a muscavado for a chewier richer brownie.
For the cookie base:
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 65g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 2 packs oreos
- 115g Dark chocolate
- 225g butter
- 350g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- First make the cookie base by creaming together the butter and sugars until soft, then add the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips and fold in well.
- Spread the cookie dough along the bottom of a grease proof paper covered brownie tin and top with oreos.
- Then to make the brownie mixture, melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until they have trebled in volume.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder in to the mixture, then pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix together.
- Pour the brownie mixture over the cookies, pop in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.